Saturday 10 March 2018

Topic 3: Choose a social media website and describe what you like about it. How it is benefical to you.



        Social media is the collective of online communications channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration. Websites and applications dedicated to forums, microblogging, social networking, social bookmarking and social curation. For me, Facebook is one of my favourite social media that I have ever come across. Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues.

Photo 1 : Facebook Logo

First of all, Facebook has helped me to create a connection with other people. It is also a major source of entertainment for me. Since Facebook is a global social networking site available in various parts of the world, location is not a barrier. The most interesting thing is I can use their translation feature and get easily connect with Facebook users from different countries and with people who speak a variety of different languages.

Photo 2 : Connection of people using Facebook

Second, Facebook can also be used as video chat tool. Recently, Facebook implemented their video chat feature in partnership with Skype. By upgrading this feature, I can surely make video calls to my friends using Facebook’s inbuilt video chat service with ease. This is a great move for them to attract more people to use their application. In fact, this feature is splendid for colleague students like myself  to do a quick discussion by inviting each other into the video. Instead of doing non-verbal communication, I can now communicate with people verbally using this feature.
Photo 3 : Video call feature from Facebook

Furthermore, with a network that is so widespread and fast, Facebook is best used to share knowledge with other people. This way, I can exchange my views and ideas as well as enhance my knowledge and create a healthy learning environment through discussions, forums or sharing interesting content that can be discussed with my friends. In addition, I can also set up groups to share my interests with my fellow friends like setting up a "Karate-Do" group. From that group, I will be able to find a variety of interesting information about martial arts techniques as a result of the discussion and sharing of the members of the group. I also can share my own knowledge and serve as a channel for a discussion or academic-related forum. In addition, Facebook provides me to chat with my friends that are from overseas. From my past experience using Facebook for over 9 years, I have several friends from Russia and Middle East. Basically, by using this application to communicate with them, I can share about my culture and getting to know more about their culture at the same time. This is not only good for my knowledge, but without knowing I am attracting them to visit a beautiful country of Malaysia that are known for its multicultural society.

Photo 4 : A group development from Facebook

Finally, Facebook is a great application for me to deal with my anxiety, stress and self-depression. For me, social media platform such as Facebook has allowed me to be honest and truthful with how I feel. Being free to share my inner thoughts without fear of judgement or ridicule is vital. The openness can leave me feeling bare and vulnerable as well-meaning followers share their own stories, give me some advices and tell me it is alright when they feel totally opposite. For me, balancing depression with social media, I believe, is positive on the whole, as the conversation is blown wide open. This way I feel more supported and motivated.

Photo 5 : A picture of stress

To sum up the whole topic, I think social media is not always an online distraction or procrastination platform. It is indeed, one of the best ways to stay informed and has become an indicator for every people to deliver messages to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Topic 7: Be a Journalist

UGADI OPEN HOUSE CELEBRATION 2018 MARCH 31, 2018 – 10 AM BY DAIM NAZREEN BIN RAMLI KUALA LUMPUR : More than 10,000 Telugu peopl...