Thursday 1 March 2018

Topic 2 : If you had a chance to be born again, in which country would you like to be born?



Every country has their own unique side. Like Malaysia, it is known for its diversity of races, religions, multicultural and many places of interests. It is not that I am feeling ungreatful to be born in a significant country of Malaysia, but if I had a chance to be born again, I would like to be born at Japan. There is something quintessential about this country that caught my interest. I chose Japan because Japan has a variety of uniqueness compared to other Asian countries. Japan is a country with a mix of traditional and modern. Among the major reasons many Malaysian students choose to pursue their studies in Japan is due to the latest technology, futuristic pop culture and business development. In addition, there are various aspects of Japanese beauty such as their cultural tea, country's environment, strong discipline strength and well-organized behaviour amongst the society. There are several reasons as to why I would like to be born in this country.

Speaking of Japan, of course I have to talk about Geisha and Kimono. This is my favourite part to talk about this country. Basically, “Gei” means Art, and “Sha” means the person who’s doing the performance. In Japanese, Geisha is classified as an artist who possess a high level Japanese art skills such as calligraphy and tea ceremony. Their costumes are specifically made and sewn by hand which for me is quite overwhelming. Also, Kimono is a traditional costume worn by a Japanese woman during the wedding ceremony. This costume also worn by Geisha sometimes, but not too frequently.

Picture 1: Kimono and Geisha

Next, the thing that pops in my head while I am thinking about Japan is the famous Sakura tree. Sakura flowers are symbolic to Japanese society. The cherry blossoms illustrate the beauty, extreme and rapid death associated with mortality. It is also frequently used in Japanese painting, Japanese animation, film and music. I remembered when I was a little kid, there has a tree in my backyard that looked fairly similar to Sakura tree. So, my brother and I, we were fooled ourselves by visioning that we were in Japan. We would chase each other under the shady tree until we run out of energy.

Picture 2: Sakura tree
  
Furthermore, Japanese are known for mantaining their cleanliness. Public toilets there are very clean. It's very different compared to Malaysia. Although there are employees who clean it up religiously and almost everyday, but in my opinion this is impossible without the cooperation of the people. This is because the people are so educated. In terms of rubbish disposal, they will provide a different types of container and plastic. Each bags will be classified for their own disposal such as wet residues, bottles, plastics and papers. In addition, there are certain days and ways to release electrical and furniture items. It would be nice if Malaysian people were educated to always keep everything neat and clean.

Moreover, of course I have to talk about Fuji’s mountain. This mountain is one of the highest mountains in Japan. It symbolize the history of eruption to the country. This particular mountaion has a snow at the tip which adds up to its own beauty. It is also an inspiration for many people who will be immortalized for photographs, painting inspiration, or even for writing materials such as novels.The scenery is super splendid and breathtaking. But, I don’t know if I am brave enough to hike this mountain as I am scared of heights.

Picture 3: Fuji Mountain
 Finally, I chose Japan because of the obscurencess and lowliness. Their way of respecting other people interest me the most. I remembered my teacher told me once. When she first went to Japan, the envoirenment was slightly different from Malaysia. Each people there are so warm and kind. They will bow down and approach people without being disrespectful. They treat everyone equally as they welcome everyone to their country with gracious. Japanese people are known for having a high respect to the older people. Likewise, their corteous attitude towards foreign workers. Besides, Japanese people are not easily surprised. For example, when a precious object suddenly drops from their hand and then splinters, they just take it back and throw them away. 

As a solid conclusion, I would like to say Japan is one of the country that I am most attracted to travel. Not only they are so andvanced in technology, but the richness in their culture makes the country is more extrodinary to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Topic 7: Be a Journalist

UGADI OPEN HOUSE CELEBRATION 2018 MARCH 31, 2018 – 10 AM BY DAIM NAZREEN BIN RAMLI KUALA LUMPUR : More than 10,000 Telugu peopl...